Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Getting closer to the post season!

So in roughly about three weeks or so, the MLB Post Season starts. I never know how to feel about it, in a way I'm excited to see the Fall Classic play out, but just like any good baseball fan I hate to see the end of the season and I'm stuck with trying to find something to do until March to fill my baseball need. The Red Sox with their win tonight, lowered their magic number to 5, so that's always a good thing. And Jason Bay's obviously feeling better from his flu symptoms, thank God. Not only for the Red Sox but for him and his family. And of course the Yankees already clinched their spot in the playoffs with the Ranger loss the other night, but that's something I just don't want to focus on tonight. Tonight is about buckling down to get ready for the post season. I haven't seen any clever commercials this year for the 2009 Post Season. Don't get me wrong, I've seen the TBS spots with Bon Jovi, but they just don't feel the same as they have in years past. My favorites were probably the ones with Dane Cook in '07, and that's not just my bias because the Red Sox won that year. I think they were really impressive and intense, and really got the fans riled up. But nothing like the "Beyond Baseball" commercials from the beginning of this season, those were enough to bring tears to my eyes. And that normally doesn't happen much, except with baseball, which I guess would be fitting.

This will be short blog, mainly because I have an early class tomorrow and I'm afraid that if I stay up any later I'll miss it. And quite frankly I'm trying to save my skips for the mornings after those ALDS and ALCS and World Series Games that can take hours! So in the words of Dane Cook, always remember "there's only one Post Season, there's only one Fall Classic, there's only one October!"

No comments:

Post a Comment